Flight Instructor Course
The Flight Instructor Certificate allows the holder to give flight instruction to students for the PPL(A). Once qualified the privileges can be extended to different courses as required. At Booker Aviation we have a team of dedicated FIC Instructors to offer you top quality training.
The Flight Instructor Course is frequently cited by students as the most enjoyable course they complete during their commercial flight training. Many students elect to undertake this course prior to the multi-engine or IR courses in order to gain more experience and confidence. At Booker Aviation we will also offer help and assistance in seeking that 1st instructional position.
- 5 hours dual training C152 @ £195/hr
- 20 hours dual training PA28 @ £210/hr
- 5 hours mutual flying PA28 @ £165/hr
- 85 hours ground school
- 6 weeks Membership
- Wycombe landing fees
- Course Completion Certificate
- Skills Test Fee (currently approx. £260)
- Solo aircraft hire for test PA28 @ £165/hr
- Hold a JAA/EASA CPL(A) or PPL(A)
- Passed CPL/ATPL theory exams
- 200 hours total flight time
- 150 hours PIC
- 30 hours SEP (minimum)
- 5 hours in the 6 months preceding course start date
- Completed a 300nm qualifying cross-country
- 10 hours IF (maximum 5 hours in a simulator)
- 20 hours VFR PIC in SEP aircraft
- Passed a pre-entry assessment flight with an FIC instructor
- A deposit of £250 is required on booking
- Course duration approx 6 weeks (full-time)
- 30 hours is the minimum FIC training requirement laid down by the Competent Authority. Our package is based on this requirement; any additional hours required to achieve test standard will be charged at our current rates
- It is beneficial for candidates to be trained in pairs. Whenever practicable we will arrange this.
- The minimum ground school requirement for this course is 125 hours. 85 hours is with an FIC instructor and 40 hours is directed self-study
- * Price includes 3% saving. 3% saving terms - advance payments of £1000 or more will receive a 3% bonus account credit providing that your account is kept in credit.
- Prices correct April 2013. Subject to change without notice. VAT included at 20%
About Booker Aviation
Booker Aviation has gained its reputation over nearly fifty years as an efficient, friendly and professional flight training organisation.
We offer full modular flight training packages from Private Pilot Licences, through structured hours building, Commercial Pilot Licences, Multi-Engine Piston Ratings and Instrument Rating courses.