EASA Night Rating
The Night Rating course will build on the skills you learnt as part of your PPL and adapt them for use in the hours of darkness. Once issued you can fly with or without passengers (subject to currency requirements) and take advantage of the generally smoother and less windy conditions that prevail at night.
Before starting the night rating you will need to have a PPL with a valid single-engine piston (land) rating and a medical with no restrictions regarding flying at night. This course can, however, be completed as the last five hours of your PPL if the time of year is correct. Night flying is available at Wycombe Air Park when the hours of darkness coincide with airfield opening hours! This is generally from the end of October until the beginning of March. It is important, therefore, when planning your modular training that this is taken into account. Whilst there is no official ground school requirement for this rating, your instructor will guide you through the various human performance, air law and technical aspects of flight at night.
- 4 hours dual training C152 @ £207/hr
- 1 hour solo flying C152 @ £170/hr
- 1 month Membership
- Wycombe landing fees
- Ground briefings
- CAA fee to add the rating onto your licence (currently £89)
- The solo requirement is 5 full stop landings and take-offs which may equate to more than 1 hour solo
- Hold an EASA PPL(A) or LAPL(A)
- Hold a current medical
- 5 hours is the minimum night rating training requirement laid down by the Competent Authority. Our package is based on this requirement; any additional hours required to achieve competency will be charged at our current rates.
- Night flying can be conducted at Wycombe Air Park from the end of October to the beginning of March
- This course may also be completed on our Piper Warrior (PA28) aircraft where desired, please contact us for details.
- Advance payments of £1000 or more will receive a 3% bonus credit
- Prices correct as at April 2014 and subject to change without notice. VAT included at 20%.
About Booker Aviation
Booker Aviation has gained its reputation over nearly fifty years as an efficient, friendly and professional flight training organisation.
We offer full modular flight training packages from Private Pilot Licences, through structured hours building, Commercial Pilot Licences, Multi-Engine Piston Ratings and Instrument Rating courses.